Businesses are frequently thrown into a bind when they find themselves with a position they need to fill. After all, the individuals most qualified to fill the position typically are successfully employed elsewhere and will not even notice, much less respond to, a job posting or a classified ad.
This is where Olson Search International comes in. Specializing in the forest products, building products, and bioenergy industries, we use a targeted search approach in order to provide our client companies with the most qualified slate of candidates available for the open position. All our client companies, large and small, receive the following high standard of service
- Personalized approach – Your company is unique and carries a unique set of values, culture, challenges and business goals. At the start of any search project, we work closely with you to make certain we know your company inside and out so that we may target our search appropriately.
- Relationship-based service – We emphasize trust, respect, honesty and confidentiality in our relationship with you. You can be assured that we will conduct a thorough, targeted search with complete confidentiality. This same strict confidentiality is applied on behalf of all prospective candidates as well.
- Comprehensive service – We are dedicated to helping you make the best hiring decision possible. Not only do we provide a comprehensive, targeted search for your open position, we conduct in-depth interviews to assess a candidate’s suitability. Once we have a qualified slate of candidates, we present the best of the best for your review.
- Industry expertise – We have over twenty years of experience in meeting the search and recruiting needs of employers in the forest products, building products and bioenergy industries. This expertise has garnered us accolades and awards within the search and recruiting industry as well as the trust and respect of our clients.
- Candidate Background/Reference Checks – Through our strategic partnership with Backtrack, Inc. , comprehensive background and reference checks are provided on all candidates under serious consideration for a position.
Clients and Range of Positions
We have assisted employers all over North America and Europe, ranging from some of the largest lumber, forest products and building products companies to small, successful, privately held, wood products manufacturing and distribution operations. These include:
Manufacturing operations such as:
- Composite panel plants
- Plywood mills
- Veneer mills
- Hardwood lumber dry kiln concentration yard operations
- Secondary manufacturers and re-manufacturing operations
- Wood pellet plants
- Bioenergy plants
Sales-based organizations such as wholesalers and distributors of:
- Hardwood lumber
- Softwood lumber
- Hardwood veneer
- Hardwood plywood
- Softwood plywood
- Engineered wood
- Hardwood and laminate flooring
- Broad-based building products
Our experience also extends to a variety of companies that are related to the forest products, building products, and renewable energy industries through their services and/or products, such as:
- Resins and chemicals
- Manufacturing equipment and machinery: design, production and sales
- Professional associations related to the forest products and building products industries
Positions we are skilled in helping fill typically include:
- Corporate or senior-level executives (i.e. president, vice-president, chief financial officer)
- Senior-level sales executives (i.e.VP sales, national sales director)
- International sales executives or managers / Import-Export
- Logistics specialists / Supply chain executives
- General managers
- Plant managers
- Production and maintenance management
- Supervisory positions
- Mechanical, electrical and environmental engineers
- Project engineers
- Design engineers
Does your company have a succession plan in place, so that when your principals and senior executives leave the company, the business has the appropriate staffing to continue running successfully? If not, we can help with succession placement of individual positions, or even assist with putting a wide-scale succession plan in place.